Sometimes February can be a long month even though it is the shortest. It has been a while since the last big holiday rush and Spring seems ever so far away. I am reminded of a favorite childhood book of mine ‘The Phantom Tollbooth” by Norton Juster. Where in a part of the story a little boy named Milo is diving in a toy car through the mythical place called the Doldrums. That is my idea of February!
When you own your own business, there is no downtime for being creative. Everything around you should be an inspiration and if it’s not, move away from where you are!
6 Tips for Sparking Creativity!
1. Take time to wander, to go to unexpected places. Even going to places like a new restaurant, or driving a different way home, can lead to a new way of seeing the world.
2. Keep a notebook to record your impressions. I keep a one on my bedside table to record some of my outlandish dreams!
3. Pursue ideas and activities that interest you, even if they seem unproductive. If sometimes nothing more than a distraction, when you come back to the table it can give you “fresh eyes.”
4. Keep scrapbooks of ideas, images, quotations and the like. I love Pinterest, but I also keep an idea scrapbook of things I want to accomplish. If not now, in the future.
5. Make an effort to write, draw or practice everyday.
6. Put yourself in Creativity Boot Camp: Tackle a project in an intense, concentrated way, and push yourself to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.
So get up, get out and get creative. Would love to hear about our ideas to get creative as well. Write your comments and lets share!
All the best,